Senior Analyst, Threat Intelligence at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Operations team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we defend against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of cryptocurrency.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Track advanced persistent threat (APTs) and other threat actors targeting the crypto community and broader financial industry, providing impactful intelligence to our CSIRT, Trust and Safety and security partners.
- Research emerging attack trends, and uncovering attacker infrastructures and tools.
- Monitor and analyze in-the-wild exploits and strikes against other crypto exchanges, determining attribution to a particular threat group, and working with our partner teams to develop detections accordingly.
- Share your most interesting findings via the Coinbase blog, internal and external presentations, and threat reports.
- Collaborate with security and intelligence teams across Coinbase to drive intelligence-driven solutions to protect our customers, employees and infrastructure.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
While some security teams have strict requirements about certifications and degrees, we’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to our team.
- 5+ years of novel security and threat research experience, and an interest in applying that experience in a threat analysis context.
- A consistent track record for your talks being accepted at places like DEFCON, Blackhat, Women of the Future Crypto Conf, Black Women Blockchain Council, Black Blockchain Summit, Women in Security and Privacy (WISP), Women in Data Science, DeFi Summit, Unchained, or other industry conferences.
- Experience presenting your work through blogging, conferences, or media publications, and building strong professional networks.
- Utilize large-scale datasets and sophisticated queries and analysis in your every day work.
- Comfortable working with coworkers with very different backgrounds and skill sets.
- Knowledge on where to source threat intelligence and actor infrastructure, and familiarity with the APIs of those sources.
- You enjoy crafting repeatable and reusable methods and techniques by automating your analysis.
Nice to haves:
- You’ve got a wide range of experience including NIST, ISO, Privacy standards and audits/assessments and possibly cryptocurrency.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.