Senior Associate Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics
Data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Scientist at Capital One, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives.
The Marketing Analytics team is under the Business Cards & Payments organization. Business Cards & Payments serves the needs of Small and Commercial Businesses through a number of credit cards and other financial products. The focus of the Marketing Analytics team is to drive data insights on prospective Capital One customers with goals of:
- Identifying the diverse financial needs of potential Small Business and Commercial customers to help inform future product development to meet those needs
- Tailoring campaigns to reach prospects in the communication channels which they are most receptive to
- Delivering the right combination of products to our customers to solve for their financial needs
- Understanding customer lifecycle value in order to maximize efficiency of marketing investments
The Marketing Analytics team works with a wide number of partners, and most closely with marketing intent owners to assist in decision-making and strategy definition.
In this role, you will:
- Employ advanced mathematical and statistical methods to design, analyze, build, validate, and help implement quantitative predictive models in order to solve business-level problems
- Internalize business problems, translate them into actionable analyses or solutions, and prepare presentations of statistical concepts and results to a non-technical audience.
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, marketers, and business analysts to deliver on marketing strategies to attract Business Owners to our products.
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You're not afraid to share a new idea.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Statistically-minded. You've built models, validated them, and back tested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning.
- A data guru. "Big data" doesn't faze you. You have the skills to retrieve, combine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and structures. You know understanding the data is often the key to great data science.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree, or PhD
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
- Master's Degree or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering, Physics or related disciplines.
- At least 2 years of experience with Python or R, SQL and scripting
- At least 2 years of experience working with and analyzing large scale datasets
- At least 2 years of experience building, analyzing and deploying machine learning models
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site):
$133,200 - $152,000 for Data Science Masters
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).