Senior Backend Engineer, Channels at Reddit
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Channels team within the Growth org strives to send the right message to the right user at the right time via the right channel. Our challenges include recommending relevant content to millions of people, developing new interactions on and off the platform, and deeply personalizing what and how Reddit communicates to our users.
As an Engineer, you will develop and scale real-time messaging systems to fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. You will build big data pipelines, improve large scale services, use machine learning to optimize sends, and make data-informed decisions to create the version of Reddit that needs to exist. You will learn fast, get hands-on experience bending a growth curve, and help build a product that works for everyone on the planet.
With our small team, you will directly see the impact of your work on hundreds of millions of people around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Ship new experiments and scale winning features to improve our real-time messaging systems
- Work closely with PMs and other engineers to creatively develop and execute the right features with consideration for all of the people on our platform
- Continuously develop your skills and expertise
- Build infrastructure and frameworks to empower rapid product iteration at scale
- Use experimentation to get quantitative data on user behavior
What We Can Expect From You:
- Experience writing readable code
- Experience reviewing code written by other people
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems
- Desire to learn and grow, and to help teammates do the same
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both technical and non-technical
- Experience with working in a team-based agile environment
- Data science or data engineering experience
- Experience working on machine learning or relevance products
- Experience with consumer product or consumer growth marketing
- Experience with A/B tests and experimentation