Senior Big Data Engineer, RollWorks at NextRoll
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join our RollWorks Data Team. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay - as a core company value, we are committed to hiring great people and helping all of our employees learn and grow.
As a member of the Data Team, you will work side by side with data engineers, analysts, and data scientists to develop novel systems, algorithms, and processes to handle massive amounts of data using Big Data technologies like Spark/PySpark and Hadoop, running on AWS EMR.
You’ll work in a small team but have the options to play with the latest tech, learn new skills, sharpen your existing ones, and make a difference in a rapidly growing company that values the employee experience of building software just as much as it values the output.
The RollWorks platform is dedicated to helping B2B marketers find and engage the right people within the accounts that matter to them most. Big data pipelines are the backbone of targeting and dashboards that help our customers better understand the impact of advertising and glean critical business insights.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in high-performance, scalable analytics
- Develop and operate our data pipeline and infrastructure
- Work closely with analysts and data scientists to develop data-driven systems and dashboards
- Assist and mentor junior engineers on the team
- Help drive the future of B2B marketing solutions
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with scalable systems, large-scale data processing, and ETL pipelines
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, or Storm, and SQL databases such as Postgres and Clickhouse
- Experience with programming languages including Python, Java, and Go
- Experience with AWS cloud services AWS S3, AWS Batch, AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with Github, Slack, JIRA, and Confluence
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
RollWorks, a division of NextRoll, offers ambitious B2B companies an account-based platform to align their marketing and sales teams and confidently grow revenue. Powered by proprietary data and machine learning, RollWorks’ solutions address the needs of organizations large and small—from those with best-in-class ABM programs to those just beginning their exploration. RollWorks empowers teams to identify their target accounts and key buyers, reach those accounts across multiple channels, and measure program effectiveness in their system-of-record. Learn more at www.rollworks.com.We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.