Senior Business Analyst - Commercial Loss Forecasting at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Senior Business Analyst - Commercial Loss Forecasting
Situated within Commercial Credit Risk and Analytics, the Commercial Loss Forecasting team is responsible for projecting loan losses (net charge-offs) on Capital One's ~$140 billion portfolio of Commercial loans. The team synthesizes quantitative and qualitative information on portfolio credit quality through the use of statistical models and the analysis of portfolio, market, and economic trends. The ultimate product is a forecast that distills this broad set of information into holistic measures of the most important credit risks for the Commercial Bank. The team's key deliverables include setting the quarterly Allowance for Credit Loss, running annual regulatory stress testing exercises (CCAR), and setting the internal budget for Commercial provision.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the execution, analysis and presentation of the Commercial credit loss forecast. The analyst will assume ownership of forecast sub-processes, contribute to team discussions on credit risks, and design/implement forecast improvements. Further, the analyst will be expected to build relationships across the Commercial Bank, Risk, and Finance organizations in order to build buy-in for key loss forecasting decisions.
General Business Analyst responsibilities at Capital One include but not limited to:
- Credit risk: Support and implement improvements in loss forecast by connecting credit performance to changes in macroeconomic and financial industry trends, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them through strategic or tactical measures
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment, and have the ability to independently work towards a minimum viable product solution for unstructured problems
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous empirical analysis & credit risk management
- Execution: Should display the technical aptitude to grasp new applications and platforms to execute the loss forecasting framework, and efficiently visualize the key insights in a loss forecasting cycle.
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Model Development team, Finance and others to drive improvement in credit forecast.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $112,400 - $128,300 for Sr. Business Analyst
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).