Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
This includes powering the financial products marketplace and data driven personalized content. We do this by using several different recommendation strategies, historical member behavior and understanding customer financial goals. Apart from the machine learning challenges on rich data sets, we also deal with core engineering problems of delivering high throughput data pipeline to process all Credit Karma members everyday, to provide a personalized experience.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What will you do?
- You will work closely with marketing and data science team to provide solutions for various product requirements and excellent personalization experience for our Credit Karma members
- You will also engage heavily in design and discovery to ensure excellent stakeholder experience.
- Design infrastructure and systems to scale easily as data ingest grows
- Take a metric first approach when creating new systems
- Implement new data pipeline features with verified high quality from unit test coverage and production monitoring
- Help understand our day to day operations for continuous improvement of production systems
Do you have the skills needed for success?
- 5+ years experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience with Scala/Java, Spark, Apache Beam, Kafka, or demonstrated ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Fundamental knowledge about databases and strong SQL skills
- Familiar with Google Cloud ecosystem such as BigQuery, GCS, DataFlow, etc
- Enjoys working collaboratively; CK’s values include empathy and helpfulness
- Able to estimate and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are ready to make an impact on a product that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, join us.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.