Senior Data Engineer at TuneIn
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:00 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
TuneIn reaches nearly 70 MAUs and we have a relentless appetite for data: our listeners collectively generate tens of millions of events per hour at peak. We are a small data engineering team and our contributions have a profound impact on the success of the business: from shipping the next strategic insight to building the data-centric products that power our listeners' experiences - our Data Engineering team is the hub of TuneIn. Our environment currently includes Java, Python, Pandas, Go, microservices, AWS services like amazon redshift, kinesis, emr (hadoop, spark), s3, lambdas. Kubernetes, Docker and Spinnaker for deployment. As well as music station recommendation engines, and advancements in Discovery and personas.
Data pipelines are critical to TuneIn's success, powering many aspects of our analytics and supporting products. We are looking for data engineers who will build data applications to solve product problems. In this role, you’ll partner closely with our data analysts and Product team to create the technology that generates and transforms data into applications, insights and experiences for our users.
- Build and rewrite existing data pipelines using Java/Python/Go to improve efficiency and latency
- Develop and automate ETL pipelines
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements
- Improve data quality through anomaly detection by building and working with internal tools to measure data and automatically detect changes
- Data Modeling and improving our existing data models for analytics
- 5+ years of software Engineering experience, with an emphasis in the design, development and deployment of high volume data centric applications (millions of transactions per day)
- Past experience developing and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database design and management (here at TuneIn we are using Redshift, DynamoDB and Aurora)
- Past experience with cloud services (such as AWS or similar)
- Expertise with any object-oriented languages such as Java, Go, Python
- History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions
- Experience designing and deploying production systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Practical perspective on software engineering discipline, focus on learning and delivering, and passion for high quality
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills
- Enthusiasm for audio content preferred
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
TuneIn brings together live sports, music, news, and podcasts — hear what matters most to you! With live, on-demand and original content, we are one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world with 75 million monthly active users. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations globally and more than 5.7 million podcasts, and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices — our listeners can always find what they love while discovering new things. Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, commercial-free top news networks like MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News Talk, and a wide array of commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description