PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
Data is PicnicHealth’s core product. We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to expand the data products we export to clients, while maintaining and improving their quality. Besides the products we export to clients, you’ll also be working with internal consumers of PicnicHealth’s data throughout the company. From powering machine learning to driving operations decisions and informing sales efforts, you’ll be working with stakeholders throughout the company to architect solutions for a variety of needs.
Data is also core to PicnicHealth’s decision making. Working closely with our analytics team, you ensure PicnicHealth has the data and analytics platform we need to make key business decisions. From internal application data capturing the decisions and interactions of our users to business operations data, you’ll ensure our analytics team has the data and the tools they need to measure critical business metrics.
We are looking for curious, empathetic and analytic individuals to join our team. We are growing quickly in size and sophistication and need experts who love databases and the puzzles posed by moving data through complex workflows with humans in the loop.
Learn more about our Engineering Team and values here.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Ensure the quality of Picnic’s data assets by developing methodologies and processes alongside our clinical research team
- Build dataflows to support our data scientists, whose analytics drive the organization’s decision making
- Expand accessibility of data throughout the organization while respecting data privacy
- Define infrastructure serving low latency machine learning predictions used in machine assisted applications
- Work at all levels of the stack — Python services, database (PostgreSQL, BigQuery), infrastructure (GCP, Kubernetes) and other new technologies as you help evolve our tech stack
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- BS in Computer, Biological or Physical Science, related field or relevant experience
- 5+ years of hands-on data engineering experience
- Extensive SQL knowledge
- Data engineering experience supporting at least one of the following use cases at scale:
- designing, measuring, and improving database architectures that support low latency production code
- significant experience in scientific research, building datasets and workflows that operate on large datasets
The Ideal Candidate:
- Familiarity with distributed data processing frameworks like Spark
- Interest or past experience in medical informatics, including use of ontologies like SNOMED or RxNorm
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.