Senior Data Engineer at Unity
With Unity’s industry-leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud! This will impact multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence.
[email protected] is seeking a Senior Data Engineering Lead for reporting data foundation and reporting data development. We are building an offering of data, tools and API’s that serves as an internal product offering for other teams at Unity to independently and effectively use data for their specific business analysis and reporting. We are responsible for working with several internal customer teams to map their needs and work with the Business Intelligence and Engineering teams to design and implement scalable and automated data solutions. You will participate and own various aspects of data solutions and API’s to enable comfortable and safe workflows for using data.What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement data solutions, processes and API’s that enable business teams to analyze and operationalize data and thrive.
- Translate Finance data and business needs to technical specifications and design documents.
- Implement scheduled processes, monitoring, and alerts for easy and safe usage of the data.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to demonstrate foundational capabilities for data application layers.
- Work closely with the customer teams and domain data providers to understand the needs driving the technical solutions.
- Experience building data solutions including architectures, data models, data API’s and data services.
- Expertise with relevant data tools and technologies: such as databases, sql/nosql, python, data storage strategies, and reporting technologies.
- Proven track record in setting up and improving dimensional data models and data solutions.
- Ability to design and architect dimensional and streaming data pipelines.
- Familiarity with cloud services (GCP preferred, AWS, Microsoft Azure etc) and ability to effectively use technologies such as Kubernetes, Airflow, Spark, MLFlow, and/or other data processing and orchestration tools.
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.