Senior Data Scientist - Analytics and Machine Learning at Amplitude
About The Role & Team
We're looking for a Data Scientist focused on Analytics to join the Amplitude team. This is no traditional analytics role - you will spend time working directly with our customers and their data to help them better understand user behavior and tie that to product outcomes. You will be pushing the boundaries of product analytics at the product analytics company. Using data science to improve Amplitude and ultimately enable our customers to build better products.
We want you to push the boundaries of what is possible in product analytics and turn that work into real thought leadership that can help thousands of companies build better products. This is a unique role to define the future of Product Analytics at the Product Analytics company!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will
- develop large scale Machine Learning algorithms that enable causal inference for our customers
- own the Machine Learning algorithms that power our search and personalization
- architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable new data models, schemas and pipelines to enable analysis, modeling and machine learning
- partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and productionize data mining features that reveal interpretable and actionable information about product usage
- advise on best practices and statistical methods for measuring and evaluating experiments
You'll be a great addition to the team if
- you have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (or higher) in a technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- you have 4+ years experience working with a product development team
- you have a deep theoretical understanding of modern machine learning algorithms, statistical models, or optimization
- your experience includes extensive experience with data tools, Python (Pandas, Scipy, Numpy, Scikit-Learn, etc), R, SAS, SQL, etc and strong skills in data analysis, data visualization, and feature engineering
- you have the ability to own your modeling work from model development all the way to production deployment and beyond with minimal help from engineers
- you have experience with MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, Google BigQuery, BigTable is a plus. Experience ML frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark MLlib, XGBoost, and Scikit-Learn is a plus.
- you're a strong communicators; explaining complex technical concepts to product managers, data analysts, and other engineers shouldn’t be a problem for you.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.