ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is seeking a technical leader to join the experimentation group of the decision science team. Experimentation is a key tool in Udemy's decision making process and is relied upon by teams across the company. The experimentation group is responsible for addressing a wide range of methodological, adoption, interpretation, and measurement challenges with the experimentation platform, and works cross functionally with other data scientists and engineers towards its development.
As a senior data scientist within the experimentation group, you will be a technical and thought leader to help drive the adoption of new methodologies to enhance our experimentation capabilities, help drive experimentation culture across the company, act as a subject matter expert for experimentation, and consult on experiments as needed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Drive the adoption/development of new methodologies to enhance Udemy’s experimentation capabilities
- Collaborate with engineering, other data scientists, and stakeholder teams in the development of the experimentation platform
- Collaborate with other data leaders to define Udemy’s long-term experimentation strategy/vision
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and mentorship for junior team members
- Drive experimentation culture throughout the entire company
- Maintain high quality standards for data science work and recruiting
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Deep statistical knowledge in applied statistics, experimental design, A/B testing, quasi-experimental methods, and causal inference
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders of all levels
- Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Comfortable working and shipping production-ready code and pipelines
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description