Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented data scientists to help us develop and improve the models that power DoorDash's three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
As a machine learning data scientist, you will have the opportunity to leverage our robust data and machine learning infrastructure to develop models that impact millions of users across our three audiences and tackle our most challenging business problems. You will report into the Head of Data Science and work with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop and iterate on models to help us grow our business.Example Projects
- Forecast the supply of available dashers as well as incoming delivery demand
- Iterate and improve our recommendation, personalization and ranking algorithms which has applications in several product areas like search, autocomplete and email/push communications. Read about it here!
- Build models for next generation pricing and pay algorithms
- Improve models used in real time vehicle routing in major metropolitan areas, to help our dashers arrive at desired locations with little to no lag/latency
- Predict preparation time for over 50,000 merchant partners
- High-energy and confident — you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner — driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble — you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity — things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded — you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact — ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 4+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models with business impact — more experience preferred
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Deep understanding of statistics / machine learning
- Demonstrated programming abilities (Python preferred)
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Experience productionizing machine learning models
- Deep understanding of recommender systems / information retrieval approaches
- Take-Home Project
- Evaluations are designed to take 3-4 hours of your time
- Graded on ability to build a machine learning model
- Onsite Interview
- Domain Knowledge, covering how to develop a production-ready machine learning model
- Business Intuition Case, covering a structured problem solving challenge
- Coding Interview, covering a basic coding problem relevant for data science work
- Values Interview, covering collaboration style / conflict resolution
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and nationalbusinesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.