Senior Deep Learning Scientist
Unity Monetization Team, a division of Unity, builds advertising, in game purchases promotions, and other personalized content delivery solutions and technologies used in hundreds of thousands of apps. Our Monetization team builds the technology infrastructure and serving systems that manage the delivery of relevant content to hundreds of millions of users every day. Our platform processes massive data sets that feed into machine learning systems that live in the core of various of our products.
Various deep learning techniques are revolutionizing automated decision-making systems and Unity is riding the front wave. Unity is investing in deep and deep-reinforcement learning development on multiple fronts, and that’s where we need you to partner with us. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to drive the development of our machine learning methodology. You need to be well-versed in state-of-the-art machine learning methods (e.g., deep learning) and know what to use and when. You will work with your colleagues on data science team to develop better machine learning for products, but also with the engineers and product managers. You will also engage with the broader data science/machine learning community at Monetization level, and also at Unity level.
We ask a lot, but we also offer a lot. You will utilize your machine learning expertise in a setting that is cutting edge and ahead of the game. No more humans looking at numbers and going with their gut feeling. Your colleagues are those who do cool stuff and make magic happen.
This position is based in San Francisco but involves traveling to conferences and our other monetization offices in Helsinki (Finland) and Montreal (Canada).
- Spearhead and drive the implementation of new solutions, architectures, data science and machine learning paradigms
- Find ways to get the best out of current models powering different products
- Keep up with the current state-of-the-art in machine learning
- Convey ideas, guide execution and mentor junior team members to implement high-quality data science and machine learning based products
- Participate in and initiate defining new business opportunities and products
- MS or PhD. In Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics or equivalent
- Expertise in Python, Scala, Tensorflow/Caffe and Spark with experience in machine learning tooling, data distribution and storage
- Experience in implementing various data and machine learning based online decision-making systems on a large scale
- Hands-on experience with non-computer vision deep learning
- Excellent understanding of what machine learning is about, how to use it and what it can be
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.