The Applied Machine Learning Research Group at Unity focuses on showcasing the novel and staggering work possible with Unity in the fields of computer vision, robotics, and behavior authoring. Specifically, we use our industry-leading game engine to build and train systems that perform in the real world. Our work includes:
- Developing algorithms and methods that use synthetic data and simulation.
- Building and maintaining open-source toolkits for machine learning.
- Publishing and presenting work at conferences.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing team. You will work with a team to develop methods to generate realistic behaviors in simulation and using synthetic data for computer vision and robotics. Additionally, you will help the team release tools to accelerate researchers in this area.
You can learn more about us by reading our Unity Blog posts [1, 2, 3] and arXiv paper.
What you’ll be doing
- Mentor a team of ML researchers and engineers to craft innovative algorithms to bridge the gap between simulation and reality.
- Communicate key results at machine learning conferences.
- Help build and maintain open-source packages for researchers.
- Help build a community of external researchers working with Unity's tools and services.
What we’re looking for
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Published research in areas of machine learning at major conferences and/or journals
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience working with or building large-scale machine learning training pipelines.
You might also have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics, Physics, or a related area
- Experience with large scale activity recognition or embodied learning
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning and/or Imitation Learning
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, and graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.