You’ll join as a Data Science Engineer reporting to the manager of Natural Language Processing (DSE-NLP) team.
The Natural Language Processing team builds end to end distributed predicted systems to NLP capabilities for NextRoll’s core products. We leverage the power of machine learning and linguistics to provide insights from our ad spaces, advertisers, to listening for business signals on the internet. DSE members have a passion for technology, and are responsible for setting up the systems architectures that feed and execute our machine learning algorithms at scale.
NextRoll engineers are afforded significant autonomy. The ML engineers design their systems as they see fit, own their code, enable analysts to dive deep with ease, and ensure our hungry machine learning algorithms are fed. Our ML engineers work on a variety of projects with data from disparate sources, but all at a large scale. Our systems are built on top of Amazon’s AWS and employ cutting edge technologies.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- End to end ownership of machine learning pipeline; starting from exploratory data analysis, model training, to model serving.
- Serve various natural language processing models across multiple business unit needs.
- Increases product adoption for our core product through releasing new feature.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical disciplines
- 3+ years experience with Python and AWS; C, C++, Java, or other performant languages are a bonus
- Experience with Natural Language Processing framework. HuggingFace’s Transformers, spaCy, NLTK, gensim, etc.
- Experience with manipulating large datasets
- Solid experience in building scalable, high performance systems
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks and paradigms
- Proven ability to take high-level product requirements and distill them into technical solutions
- Enthusiasm to work in a vibrant, collaborative, and fast-paced engineering team
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.