We're looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets.
The role is ideal for someone who has solid mathematical background, industry experience working on a range of classification, information retrieval, and optimization problems, e.g. click-through rate prediction, search ranking, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or review/sentiment classification. It offers the unique opportunity to have direct impact on key product initiatives, including product feed relevance, ad targeting, information extraction, and recommendations.
For Internal Use Only:
What you will be doing:
- Improve match accuracy of Wish users and products to boost revenue of Wish
- Use big data platform to analyze massive semi-structured dataset and get data insights
- Develop data models based on new data insights
- Write highly efficient code to serve and a/b testing new models
- Monitor, analyze and iterate on data models
- Share gained knowledge with teammates and brainstorm new ideas
Who you are:
- BS in computer science or equivalent degrees
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Python, Go, and/or Java.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation system, search ranking, or data mining.
- Passionate about working with large amounts of data and the ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Experience with different big data frameworks, including Hadoop, Presto, MapReduce, and/or distributed systems.
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description