Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We are a technology and data-driven consumer bank which amasses vast amounts of data that we want to use to ensure the best practices in risk management, new user acceptance, information security, underwriting, and more. Our Data Science and Machine Learning team occupies a critical role in the company, creating models and infrastructure that allow us to evaluate events in realtime in new, efficient, and accurate ways so as to minimize fraud and scale our ability to manage risk.
In this role, you’ll build and implement novel Machine Learning and Deep Learning systems to combat fraud on our platform as well as help build the infrastructure to train and deploy them.
- Design and implement the infrastructure required to train models at scale
- Design and build infrastructure to support low latency model inference in production
- Build feature store and feature pipelines for batch and real-time data, collaborating with various stakeholders in data engineering & data science
- As we grow, scale and support ML infrastructure with productivity tools to extend machine learning throughout company
- Implement and support ML models in production for various use cases such as fraud, growth, member experience, etc.
- One of the following: (a) MS in CS or related field with 3+ years of experience in implementing and deploying large scale ML solutions OR (b) Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimization, Physics, or related field, with 1+ years experience building production-ready ML models and systems
- 4+ years of building Big Data and/or scalable backend systems and the ability to maintain such systems in production.
- 4+ years experience building ML systems using Python, Go, or similar programming languages
- Hands on experience developing or supporting machine learning models in production at scale from inception to business impact.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects end-to-end while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience with ML tools and frameworks: Tensorflow, Numpy, Scipy, SparkML, pandas, scikit-learn.
- Familiarity or exposure to: AWS, Docker, CI/CD, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, SQL , and Snowflake
- Ability to learn new technologies and mentor others
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches. (when back in office!)
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.