Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer at BlueVine
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer in our team, you will shape and own the ecosystem that productizes our core data products - you will work closely with our Data teams and influence how data is consumed and integrated throughout the organization, take an integral part on the designing of new ML solutions, find innovative solutions for real-time analytics, and build complex data pipelines.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support BlueVine’s business and research Machine Learning Software Engineer teams by designing and developing data-centric infrastructure tools to facilitate and enhance Data Analytics and Research, both in real-time and offline.
- Design and implement next-generation ML workloads, focusing on modern, efficient Big Data technologies.
- Use pipeline orchestration tools such as AirFlow, ML platforms such as SageMaker and data frameworks to design and develop first-in-class solutions for the financial sector.
- Work closely with BlueVine’s Data Science and Data Analytics teams.
- Work closely with BlueVine’s other R&D teams to help incorporate industry best practices, define and enforce data governance procedures, and monitor system performance.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer/big-data developer in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience programming in Python.
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to collaborate smoothly with and convey complex ideas in a clear way to people of different backgrounds.
- A quick learner, adaptable and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly and independently learn new technologies, frameworks, and algorithms.
- Proactive, result-driven and multi-tasker; creative but committed to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Nice to haves:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem, microservices and container technology.
- Experience with building Big Data pipelines and using tools and frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience working Python ML libraries (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scikit Learn).
Benefits & Perks:
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- PTO, Company Holiday, and Flexible Holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Quarterly DoorDash credit
- Dog-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.