Senior Manager, Analytics
The Analytics team is looking for a Senior Manager to guide measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making across the company. Data Scientists at DoorDash work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organization.About the Role
As a Senior Manager at DoorDash, you'll use your leadership expertise and quantitative background to dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including customer acquisition, balancing supply and demand, new city launches, marketplace efficiency, and more. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have experience using analytics to affect revenue, growth, operations or beyond, we’re looking for someone like you!You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Lead junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods and solve challenges
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings.
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Collaborate with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain
- 7 or more years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Experience working with funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc.
- Expertise of SQL queries, ETL, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- The determination to initiate and complete projects to completion in a scrappy environment
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.