Using our industry-leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we create will impact multiple industries such as Gaming, Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of the field of Artificial Intelligence.
We are building a set of tools and services to solve one of the hardest challenges for Simulation to Real-world transfer learning - the creation of intelligent agents. We’re looking for a leader who is passionate about building software workflows for behavior authoring and large-scale machine learning to advance the state of the art for creating complex intelligent agents.
In this role, your team will extend the ML-Agents toolkit by designing and building new features for behavior authoring and training intelligent character behaviors within Unity environments. You'll own the entire experience from Unity editor to the new services, and more. Your work will change the way Unity can be used in the world of simulation!
You can learn more about us by reading our Unity Blog posts and arXiv papers [1, 2].
What you'll be doing
- Establish long-term technical and product vision, continuous focus on inventing on behalf of customers.
- Unblocking obstacles for and empowering engineers on the team to do their best work.
- Build, coach, and mentor a world-class engineering team.
- Set and achieve goals that stretch what’s possible for building and training intelligent agents.
- Work closely with customers inside and outside Unity to enable maximum benefit from intelligent agents.
What we're looking for
- Experience building, retaining, and managing high-performing diverse, and inclusive teams, and growing and mentoring software engineers
- Hands-on experience developing machine learning systems.
- Proven ability to implement and operate large-scale systems with a focus on shipping quality software products and services
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
You might also have
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning and/or Imitation Learning
- Experience managing open-source projects
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, and graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.