Senior Manager, Capital Markets & Analytics at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
Senior Manager, Capital Markets & Analytics
The Capital Resilience Analytics Operations Management Team is responsible for supporting our stress testing / capital adequacy process. The team ensures that stress testing analyses are well-managed, enhancements are implemented in a sustainable manner, submission materials infrastructure and content are well-controlled, remediation commitments are completed in a timely manner, and lines of defense engagements are well-managed.
The Senior Manager, Capital Markets and Analytics will manage a cross-functional team supporting the Operations Management function within the Capital Resilience Analytics (CRA) team. The Senior Manager will lead the Operations Management function overseeing the program schedule for all regulatory and internal stress tests. This person will also manage stress testing process enhancements as well as oversee enhancements and remediation efforts by other teams, including ensuring projects are executing according to plan, reporting periodically to management, and ensuring milestones are met. In addition, the senior manager will manage the data environment for our Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) submission materials, including the sourcing, configuration, validation, and governance activities. The senior manager will also lead engagements with our partner second line and third line teams, ensuring our interaction models are effective and efficient.
The role will require working with leadership, other financial analysts, forecasting teams, and project managers who have a wide variety of backgrounds, and skill sets. The Senior Manager will provide support to other teams to support broader stress testing functional efforts, including interactions with finance, modeling teams, and technology counterparts. The Senior Manager will also support the execution of operational, or business as usual, processes. In addition, the Senior Manager will facilitate periodic leadership meetings, status reporting, issue tracking and escalation, and identify potential enhancement opportunities. We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, financial analyst professionals with process management or project management skills and who excel in a team environment and can communicate effectively.
- Leading the program scope, design, and schedule for regulatory and internal stress tests
- Leading the operations management function by overseeing enhancement projects across the stress testing processes
- Leading the CCAR submission materials data infrastructure, including ensuring the primary data sources are appropriately connected
- Ensuring the data is appropriately automated, validated, and the environment aligns with internal data management policies
- Performing data and variance analysis using various analytical tools
- Driving process improvements and contributing to continuous improvement of delivery management practices and processes
- Ensuring delivery of new and improved business processes on time and within budget to achieve a sustainable outcome
- Identifying and managing program risks, serving as an escalation point to resolve program issues, helping remove roadblocks including dependencies across projects
- Communicating, escalating, and reporting analyses and updates to Senior Management
- Developing and mentoring associates
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Financial Analysis, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, or a combination
- At least 7 years of experience in Project Management
- At least 5 years of experience in people management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).