Senior Manager, Data Engineering at Unity Technologies
With Unity’s industry leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and further the advancement of artificial intelligence.
[email protected] is seeking a manager to lead the technical development of our data architecture and internal self-service data capabilities. You will be responsible for working with several internal customer teams and delivering functional solutions and operations for data to support scalable growth. You will participate and own driving various aspects of data definitions, data models, standard methodologies and governance.What you’ll be doing
- Develop curated business data models and access tooling
- Lead and grow a team to optimally improve data solutions supporting business analysis and operations
- Ownership of data and tools available to teams whose main focus is to interpret the data for business, without having to be technical
- Drive the technical design and implementation of data ecosystems and processes, including scheduled and monitored data production systems and incident management of potential failure cases
- Coordinate with internal partners to identify data challenges and design solutions
- Understand sophisticated business questions and use that to drive needed architectures and processes
- Own the processes, practices and foundation for business data production and incident management that will support hyper growth of data usage and dependency
- Ability to take business needs and turn them into longterm architecture and development plans that are trackable and measurable
- Experience building data solutions including architectures, data models and data production systems.
- Expertise with relevant data tools and technologies: such as SQL, BigQuery, Looker, Airflow, Kubeflow or similar
- Prior success with setting up and leading teams delivering data solutions to support business teams and operations
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation, and final delivery and refinement with partners
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.