Senior Manager, Data Governance at Unity Technologies
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we are democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of Unity.
Unity is seeking a Head of Data Governance to join our growing Corporate Data & Analytics team within Finance. You will build a data strategy function to gain alignment around metrics and governance of critical data sets used in strategic decision-making. You will work across multiple organizations and teams to implement changes to processes through an enterprise data framework, standards and policies. You will succeed in this role because you are a self-starting leader with strong business partnership skills, outstanding communication, and someone who can perform in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
If you are analytically minded, have a knack for optimizing anything and everything and have a desire for building scalable processes, we want to hear from you!. And above all - you ask questions and embark to answer them. Think you're ready?
Come help build our journey!
What you'll be doing
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework & roadmap, with a focus on improvement of data quality, single source of truth and the protection of substantial data through modifications to organization behavior principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Partner with IT, Data and Business teams to build & own the enterprise Master Data Management program for Customer, Product and other strategic data assets.
- Establish a data ownership model and lead efforts to identify & standardize definitions of corporate/business metrics and their underlying attributes.
- Lead data profiling and data analysis for data used for reporting & analytics, governance of source systems, identification of system/manually maintained data and develop balanced standard methodologies for ensuring integrity of these data sets.
- Provide short to mid term focus for your team: planning horizon of 12 months (goals, people management and development, delivery, multi-functional team projects and initiatives).
What we're looking for
- Proven track record in leading multi-functional teams and enterprise-wide data management & governance programs.
- Strong leadership and C-level communication skills with the ability to lead, persuade, and empower to effect organizational change.
- Shown leadership in supervising alignment to Data Governance policies and standards, driving continuous Data Governance improvement.
- A business thought partner with a strong analytical mentality and enjoy improving processes, while maintaining service level expectations.
- Familiar with data processing and data warehouse / big-data environments tools/languages, such as SQL, R, Python, etc.
You might also have
- An MBA, other relevant advanced degree
- Background in gaming, SaaS software, internet or high growth technology industry
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their creativities come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.