Senior Manager of Data Science at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:16 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, June 16, 2020
As the Senior Manager of the Product Data Science team, you will be leading and growing the established team of 10+ Data Scientists and Business Analysts working on our shopper facing product. The team works closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to:
- Research opportunities and build business cases
- Design A/B experiments and logging strategies
- Analyze results of experiments to derive actionable insights
- Build models that power current and future products
As a successful leader for this team, you must possess a strong technical background, especially working with large data sets, quantitative research and experimental analysis. You should be results-driven, highly motivated and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
Aside from technical mentorship, you will be tasked with managing and growing the team to keep up with the scale of the product. You should be comfortable working with people from diverse data skill sets and structuring a team for success at scale.
- Manage a team of diverse data skill sets including Data Scientists and Business Analysts
- Structure a medium to large sized data team for success
- Research product opportunities and help build business cases
- Design A/B experiments in a fast moving environment
- Collaborate with product, engineering and design teams
- Stay up-to-date with the latest analytical trends and motivate your team to do the same
- Serve as the data point of contact for the entire Product organization
- Graduate (PhD preferred) degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, Deep Learning, Statistical Research or a related field
- Hands on experience with large scale data processing software and tools (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce etc)
- Strong coding experience and knowledge of object oriented programming
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description