Senior Research Scientist at Unity Technologies
As a Senior Researcher, you will be collecting invaluable intel from the gaming industry and crafting compelling visionary stories to shape the future of Unity’s direction in this rapidly evolving world on the cutting-edge of technology. You will prioritize and lead a diverse range of research needs to ensure our finger is always on the pulse of the latest insights, and balance multiple deadlines against the research projects you’re owning.
As part of this new and exciting team at Unity, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide spectrum of teams across the business and more importantly, inspire and influence these teams to rally around what the market needs and build optimal customer journeys that accurately depict the future state we need to prepare for.
If you love building meaningful and impactful research strategies, collecting invaluable insights from the market, and delivering thought-provoking and inspiring stories and journeys this is probably the role you’ve been looking for!What you’ll be doing
- Strategize, devise and deliver mission-critical research projects to influence Marketing, Product, and Leadership strategies
- Collaborate with Marketing, Research Ops, BI, Product, Market & UX Research and other teams to ensure alignment pre, during, and post research to ensure harmonious and efficient ongoing cycles of work
- Deliver visual storytelling through reports and optimal customer journeys built from your research to inspire, recommend, and influence strategy
- Optimize research processes, with a continuous desire to improve
- Work closely with Research Ops & BI to feed critical research in tandem with quantitative data, with a goal of building a truly rounded voice of our customers to further inform our future strategies
- Experienced and adept with adept at customer/user research, ideally in the gaming industry
- Experience building optimal customer journeys from research across a number of products and use cases
- Experience in designing and running multiple simultaneous research projects, including brief creation, methodology design, survey design, research, and report delivery
- Skilled at analyzing and extracting recommendations and predictions from both qualitative and quantitative data
- Proven track record with driving for alignment across multiple partners on a regular basis
- Knowledge of game development processes and tech stacks
- Not afraid of bold ideas or sharing ambitious statements with the business, especially when backed with research
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for crafting and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to encouraging an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.