Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned analyst who is data-driven and has strong analytical & technical skills. In this role, you will report to our Head of Credit Risk and will play a key role in developing policies and strategies for all our Move Money product features - Mobile Check Deposit (MCD), ACH, instant transfers, spending and ATM withdrawal limits. You’ll work closely with risk operations, product, machine learning and analytics teams and will interact with business stakeholders across many departments
- Leverage internal and external third party data to reduce loss rates and improve member experience as it relates to various Move Money product features (MCD, ACH, ATM withdrawal, Spend, etc.,.)
- Optimize our limits, policies and strategy to expand member access and eligibility criteria to various Move Money product features
- Design A/B tests and develop strategies to help members access money faster by improving hold times on MCD and ACH
- Develop ATO, AML and ACH fraud detection strategies to minimize losses
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance or other quantitative discipline; Masters degree with a quantitative focus is a plus
- 4-7 years of analytical experience, preferably in a risk analytics role at a FinTech company
- Excellent SQL programming
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in Python (or R or SAS or similar language)
- Experience working on A/B testing
- Knowledge of regression or any of the ML techniques
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills. Should be willing to get their hands dirty and solve hard analytical problems for the business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines while ensuring flawless execution
- Experience working in Looker or similar business intelligence tool a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong passion for Chime’s mission
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.