Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life! Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Our Data Platform team at Unity helps teams across our [email protected] department to support the terabytes of data our company ingests, processes, and builds infrastructure around to do their best work. From simulations to asset store recommendations to in-editor personalization, we build the foundation that allows other teams at Unity to create outstanding services and tools for Unity users.
We are looking for committed Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer to join our team and bring their excitement for infrastructure to create special data infrastructure products. You will partner closely with other engineers, product specialists, and data teams to research, prototype and develop work class applications, services, and pipelines around our more than 60 billion daily data events!
What you’ll be doing
- Leadership role in the design, implementation and operations of extraordinary large-scale data platform and machine learning infrastructure system
- Build, design, improve and run Unity's Kafka Data Infrastructure
- Supply to the architecture and development of large-scale distributed systems
- Define broad approach for infrastructure automation and monitoring including proactive alerting and issue resolution, scaling and performance management
- On-call experience and debugging of sophisticated infrastructure issues, identifying root cause and resolving with utmost vitality for continuous improvement
- Coordinate testing efforts across various platforms to ensure coverage and quality on all platforms supported in Unity.
- Partner with our development and site reliability engineering teams to improve our service applications, infrastructure, and deployment through our shared CI/CD pipeline
What we’re looking for
- Expertise in Scala, Python, Go or Java
- Extensive experience with a major cloud service providers such as GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Outstanding social skills and ability to work multi-functionally with global teams
- Significant experience with large scale data systems and related technologies with expertise in architecting and operating Apache Kafka
You might also have
- Experience with machine learning distributed systems
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins and Spark
- Deep understanding and experience with online services observability (Logs, Metrics, Tracing)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.