Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform at Quantcast
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:20 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technology? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments? Do you love using your technical prowess to tackle industry-impacting challenges?
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to work on the Core Data Pipelines team in our San Francisco headquarters.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures in the world, measuring over 100 million web destinations globally. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has developed machine learning models that predict audiences and behaviors that are used by the top digital marketers around the world. We are one of the top 10 media buyers across the globe and we are looking for a product leader to define and lead our inventory product strategy.
The Data Platform team owns the data backbone of Quantcast’s advertising business. This means that we build systems that ingest, refine, and make available, tens to hundreds of terabytes of data on a daily basis, and serve up petabyte-scale datasets for use in Quantcast’s industry-leading audience targeting and automation systems.
- You will work closely with engineering and business stakeholders to understand their needs, and translate these into software systems requirements. Design, implement and operate software systems to efficiently process and organize large-scale (terabytes to petabytes) internet data
- You will improve Quantcast’s internal petabyte-scale delivery data processing systems to support an increasingly complex and growing online advertising ecosystem, and increasing data quality and transparency demands
- You will participate in team-wide operational ownership of our production systems, utilizing your technical and logical reasoning skills to troubleshoot and solve high-stakes technical and operational problems for our customers
- You will leverage your advanced analytics skills to help business customers answer questions based on Quantcast’s vast and rich data set on internet activity
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related highly quantitative field (such as Math or Statistics)
- Minimum of four years industry experience
- Solid algorithmic problem solving skills
- Familiarity with relational or key-value databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, HBase)
- Familiarity with distributed computing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with Java, Python, or other imperative programming language
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Read Full Job Description