Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning at Unity Technologies
At Unity Technologies, our developer community is at the heart of what we do. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping to take the developer's creations further and faster than ever before. Unity Monetization, specifically, enables developers to build a business through advertising and in-app purchase to sustain and grow their games. As a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning at Unity Monetization, you will be building data pipelines that power our anti-fraud capabilities. You will work closely with data scientists and machine learning engineers to deploy machine learning models to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraudulent activities on our platform.
In this role, you will provide the existing data science/machine learning team with in-depth technical knowledge/skill in implementing scalable and robust distributed computing systems. You will implement services that handle tens of thousands of requests per second, add more tests to our modeling code, and deploy various systems to various environments. You will build the production machine learning pipeline from infrastructure to serving statistical models. As a consequence of the nature of our team’s work, you need to be comfortable with a quick-paced development cycle as we prefer to try things out in production sooner than later, and be okay with good enough.
- Responsible for building end-to-end machine learning pipelines for trust and safety products with Tensorflow, Python, and Golang
- Manage necessary infrastructure and DevOps for data processing jobs, model training, and model serving with Google Cloud Platform and Terraform
- Implement data extract-transform-load jobs to prepare data for model development with Scala Spark and Python PySpark
- Gather product requirements from product manager and data scientists, and translate to technical requirements
- Design scalable and robust technical implementation based on requirements, and vet designs in technical review presentations with engineering and data science peers
- Convey ideas, guide execution and mentor junior engineers to implement high-quality machine learning pipelines
- Implement tooling for model development by data scientists with Tensorflow, Python, and Bash
- Experience in building machine learning based online decision-making systems in a production Engineering
- Focus on efficiency, simplicity, and maintainability - getting things done quickly without sacrificing quality
- Experience preferably with Python/Java/Scala or any other relevant languages
- Understanding specifics of managing big data volumes at scale and experience with databases and ETL
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.