Senior Strategy Analyst
Skillz is the largest mobile platform that matches players around the world in fair competition for real prizes. The company helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties.
Hundreds of millions of people play and compete with others in mobile games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue. Skillz works with 20,000+ game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments for 30 million mobile players worldwide.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as the National Football League’s investment arm, 32 Equity. The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Analyst Program at Skillz:
Analytics professionals at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions and issues. Based on fit and company need, you will work in domains such as:
- Growing the Skillz player base through paid acquisition with the greatest ROI possible
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Designing, launching, and measuring new features of the Skillz ecosystem
- Driving improvements in internal processes and systems to enable the company to scale
- Assessing and improving game performance and player engagement of Skillz games
- Understanding trends in user satisfaction and feedback
Regardless of the domain, you will function as a data-driven decision maker and deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
Strategy Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds and are placed at an appropriate title and level based on experience and aptitude. As a proven contributor at Skillz, you will ultimately have the ability to focus your path to domains that interest you and where there is a need for action-oriented strategic thinkers.
- Lead analytics projects across the organization and mentor analysts
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution and follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
- 3+ years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required
- Experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis (preferably in consumer marketing, consulting, or product development) preferred but not required
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing and sharing insights gained from our user data
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy