Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
As a Software Engineer for Data Engineering on the WishX team, you will establish, build, and maintain data streams or pipelines from both 3rd party and internal systems. There are many opportunities to interact with various teams across the company. A successful data engineer will have the passion for rapid prototyping and have enough emotional intelligence to interact with other engineering teams wanting to get access to both the WishX system and business data.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain major WishX data projects
- Develop, integrate, and tune Presto, and Hive queries
- Help data stakeholders get the data they need
- Work with data scientist team to formalize various workflow processes
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines
- 2+ years of writing efficient understandable SQL queries
- Bachelor or master degrees in Computer Science or related fields
Prefered Skills and Experience
- Startup experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or an equivalent role
- Some experience with or understanding of quantitative data modelling
- Prior experience in microservice architecture for consumer facing products
- Experience in building a framework to automate and scale workflows
- Experience with ETL framework like Airflow, oozie
- Experience with Kakfa or other messaging systems
- Experience with Flink, Spark or other stream processing frameworks
- Experience with Kubernetes, Yarn or other job schedulers
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.