About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series B company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
We are looking for versatile backend engineers who are excited by taking on new projects and learning new skills. You will contribute to multiple parts of our data infrastructure and help deliver cutting edge computer vision technology to the solar industry.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Develop API integrations and internal services for geospatial data
- Build new functionality in our application for streamlining workflows using computer vision and machine learning
- Contribute to our tooling and infrastructure for machine learning workloads
- Curate and expand our training datasets for machine learning
What we value:
- Computer Science (or related) degree or relevant years of experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend applications in Python and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with SQL databases (especially PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with GIS, cloud services, or handling large volumes of data is a plus
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Read Full Job Description