Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Do you enjoy working with data at scale? Do you want to help Wing's fleet of delivery drones operate at their best, and help us safely deploy flying robots around the world? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Wing is looking for a Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure to join our Technical Infrastructure team based in Palo Alto, California, and Sydney, Australia. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things data, is curious about aviation and drones, and enjoys working across multiple teams to determine the right systems to build.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner cross functionally with software engineers, aerospace engineers, flight operations/business teams to develop and deliver data pipelines that drive Wing's delivery business and aircraft operation
- Integrate different data sources across the business to deliver a consistent, accurate view of our flight operations, aircraft fleet, infrastructure and business operations
- Work across data pipelines, backend systems and data serving systems to deliver a mix of batch and interactive services that power our operations
- Monitor, validate and maintain data pipelines to ensure consistent performance
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with data analysis tools (such as BigQuery, SQL), data visualisation tools, and with data processing algorithms (Hadoop, Flume, Spark, Apache Beam, MapReduce)
- Experience in data engineering in a cloud based environment
- Experience working with geospatial or aviation data and systems.
- Ability to derive system requirements in consultation with non-technical partners
- Experience in test-driven development and an inclination to build robust, well-tested, trustworthy systems