Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us build a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems, where all our products plugin, to building beautiful and intuitive user interfaces, to scaling products to automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
What You’ll Achieve
- Work on our data pipeline, ETL systems, and real-time data
- Come up with solutions for scaling data infrastructure
- Help all departments of the company have access to our data
- Collaboration in a dynamic startup environment
- Improve logistics by taking on cutting-edge, technical problems
- High-energy and courageous - Focused on getting things accomplished
- You’re an owner -creative, focused, and quick to come up with new ideas
- Humble - Listening to others and takes ownership
- Eagerness to grow with the company and change directions when needed to support the business. Our environment changes quickly since we are in a dynamic startup.
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skills and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Especially 5+ years of experience with CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL) and data infrastructure
- Experience in big data technology like Redshift, Hive, or Hdfs and data streaming like Kinesis, Kafka, Storm, or Spark
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
- Coordinate efficiency, scalability, and stability of system resources
Nice To Haves
- Have built and launched data infrastructure before
- Familiarity with profiling and optimizing system resources
- Experience with implementing solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments and continuous integration
- Experience building large-scale, real-time applications
- Contributor to open source projects
- We are hiring at multiple levels and you will be evaluated at the level of your experience
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to ensuring new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.