Moveworks is an AI company that uses natural language understanding to resolve employees’ IT issues — instantly and autonomously. Our platform currently resolves about 40% of all tech support issues at some of the world’s most recognizable organizations, including Slack, LinkedIn, Equinix, Broadcom, and Autodesk.
Based in Mountain View, California, Moveworks has raised more than $105 million from top venture capital firms, powered by a team of leading experts in deep learning, NLU, big data, and enterprise SaaS. Our engineers hail from across the globe, have built pioneering systems at places like Google, Facebook, Uber, and AWS, and possess the unique skill sets necessary to create an unprecedented product.Ultimately, we’ve come together because we share a fundamental belief: that AI will redefine how companies support employees. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow with us. You’ll be part of a team that thinks in terms of we, not I. Together, we're focused on simplifying the life for millions of people by giving them an effortless, magical way to resolve issues, all powered by a strong form of AI.
As a so at Moveworks, you will be in one of the most visible cross-functional roles at Moveworks. As Moveworks’ data multiplies during a critical time of hypergrowth, your goal is to design and integrate systems that power processing of unstructured datasets to ultimately fine tune our product and achieve fully autonomous resolution of enterprise IT. You will be responsible to build out the data engineering platform on top of our data infrastructure that lets our internal product and engineering teams as well as customer teams derive value from this data. Given the nature of our data, this is a non-trivial but highly valuable endeavor.
You are not only a strong software engineer, but you bring a passion for data and analytics to the table, and a track record of robust design experience. You thrive working in cross-functional teams between product, engineering, ML, and analytics, and you are looking to make substantial impact in the next stage of your career.
Note: This role is fully remote. There may be occasional opportunities to visit HQ in Mountain View and attend company events. Prior experience working in a remote capacity is highly desired.
What will you do?
- Work with various internal teams and customers to gather requirements and deliver data solutions to address those requirements
- Model data and metadata to support analytics and reporting for different use cases
- Design and implement a data platform to process large, complex data sets
- Implement best practices around data integrity, validation, and documentation for data processing, reporting, and analysis
- Optimize data processing pipelines and storage performance
- Build the team of talented data engineers and coach them as the company grows
What do you bring to the table?
- You have 4+ years of experience as a data engineer, ideally with a cloud-based SaaS company
- Strong coding and design expertise
- Familiarity with latest data processing and warehousing technologies is required
- Hands on experience working with different teams for their data requirements
- Experience with some data stores, such as Postgres, MySQL, HBase, etc.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with large-scale machine learning pipelines is a plus