Software Engineer, Data Platform at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release every day to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. We’re looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets.
You'll develop software to process, transform and analyze the data to identify signals from billions of events we collect every day. You'll provide insights that improve the experience of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
What You'll Do:
- Design and Develop data collection and processing systems to handle large data sets. You’ll have the opportunity to design innovative solutions and solve challenging problems.
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, and tools.
- Design, Develop and Support highly-parallel, and fault-tolerant applications.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer using Java, Scala or any other programming language.
- Experience with development, integration and tuning using Presto, Spark, Hive or other Query processing framework.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 years of work experience in Software Development or Software Engineering.
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services, or other cloud computing platforms.
- Experience in building a framework to automate and scale workflows.
- Experience with Kakfa or other messaging systems.
- Experience with Flink, Spark or other stream processing frameworks.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Yarn or other job schedulers.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description