Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our Data Scientists have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of delivery data to improve Dasher assignment, ETA prediction, and Dasher capacity planning. For an example of one such project please read this blog.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will work with our Data Scientists and Product Engineers to collaborate on ideas and ensure that there is a world class platform to run their ML models on.
- You will help build a flexible pipelines that can evolve to handle new technologies, techniques and modeling approaches
- You will implement and operated an easy to use and pluggable ML Workflow framework.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience building machine learning systems in production such as empowering data analytics at scale
- Experience in machine learning - you've developed and deployed your models - even if these are simple proof of concepts
- Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Familiar with Spark, MLLib, Databricks MLFlow, Apache Airflow and similar related technologies.
- Familiar with a cloud-based environment such as AWS
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources and opportunity.