Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Supply and Demand at DoorDash
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and Dashers.
At DoorDash, we’re building the on-demand logistics platform of the future. As a machine learning engineer on the Logistics team, you will build the future of algorithms and systems powering the local, on-demand economy in every city. You will combine software engineering, machine-learning algorithms, optimization techniques, and analytical skills to tackle NP-hard problems, work cross-functionally with product, analytics, finance to create immense impact to the DoorDash marketplace
What You’ll Do
- Build sophisticated algorithms that improve the efficiency and quality in DoorDash’s real-time marketplace
- Develop prediction and optimization models that solve complex, high-variance problems including demand and supply forecasting, real-time pricing, and market balancing.
- Scale our systems and services for the future growth
- Create massive impact for all three sides of the marketplace - convenience to consumers, flexible earnings opportunities to dashers, and growth for local merchants
What We're Looking For
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner--driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skillset and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Prior experience building machine learning systems in production
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Experience with real-time technology problems
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.