Sr Analyst, Product Analytics (Returnly) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Sr. Product Analyst, you will drive key product decisions through deep analytical insights and rigorous measurement. You will become an expert on our product data, empowering data-informed decision making at every stage of the product development lifecycle using tools such as SQL, Python, Looker, statistics, machine learning etc. This is a cross-functional role in which you’ll work with Product, Engineering, Data as well as members of the leadership to help prioritize strategic projects that will have the biggest impact for Returnly merchants and shoppers.
What you'll do
- Solve new and challenging problems around eCommerce returns, payments, credit issuance and settlement, fraud detection, economics of SaaS
- Apply your expertise in multivariate analysis, hypothesis testing and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our shopper and merchant products
- Work cross-functionally with Product Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams to design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Identify key metrics, conduct rigorous data analysis, create executive facing dashboards and build business cases that drive decision making and business prioritization
- Drive data logging requirements and tracking instrumentation to measure KPIs by engaging with analysts, business stakeholders, data architects, technology leads, and product development teams
- Support multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
What we look for
- 4+ years of relevant product analytics experience, analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions
- Fluent in SQL, Excel/Sheets, and visualization tools such as Looker; experience with statistical programming language such as Python or R a preferred
- Data-driven mindset, strong analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Experience designing and setting up experiments to analyze the impact of new products and features (hypothesis testing, multivariate analysis)
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Mathematic
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.