The Sr. Business Analyst will become the subject matter expert on the logistics business processes and systems. They will work closely with the IT team to align the systems and develop BI reports to meet the needs of the logistics team. They will work closely with the finance team to ensure that logistics costs are accurately captured and tracked and visible to the team. They will identify opportunities and drive projects to fix, improve, and optimize the logistics processes.
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/applications
- Develop more efficient processes using value stream mapping to enhance current execution tasks
- Represent logistics on IT projects ensuring accurate requirement are provided, expectations are met, and systems are tested.
- Own the accuracy and quality of logistics data in IT systems
- Maintain documentation on the usage of data elements on logistics transactions in the ERP
- Partner with IT to create outstanding reports that visualize critical information for logistics and distribution.
- Evaluate new logistics systems such as WMS and TMS against the needs of the organization
- Establish and maintain system for tracking logistics issues
- Drive the automation of repetitive tasks
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical staff and business users
- Travel up to 10%
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience as a business analyst
- 2+ year logistics subject matter experience
- Great communication with strong presentation skills
- Strong Data Analysis skills
- Knowledgeable in value stream mapping
- Skilled in Visio or comparable tools
- Strong understand of ERP. Oracle experience preferred
- SQL knowledge is preferred
- Problem Solver/Innovative