Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst whose primary responsibility will be Strategy & Analytics supporting our Strategic Partnerships: Powered by Affirm initiative which is responsible for driving high impact GTM partnerships such as Shopify. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical skills, business sense, as well as interpersonal skills. This position is suited for someone who is results-oriented, hardworking, and who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to innovate and have a lasting impact on the direction of a fast growing FinTech company that is re-defining its industry.
What you'll do
You will demonstrate a deep and broad understanding of the business and platform, and partner heavily across the organization to assess business opportunities, drive key insights and own financial analysis to support business cases for our Powered by Affirm GTM approach, support prioritization and project management from exploration to rollout.
- Be the team’s go-to partner for integrated financial modeling and data-driven analyses
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams including Product, Finance, Merchant Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit, Capital Markets, Client Success, Product Analytics, Data Science and Partnership
- Responsible for crafting, managing, monitoring and reporting on Shopify portfolio performance and other Powered by Affirm partnerships’ economics
- Conduct custom analysis on sophisticated and open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional partners
- Operationalize new pricing/incentive strategies to test and iterate to optimize merchant adoption and retention
- Build thoughtful and succinct presentations to communicate the project’s strategy, key workstreams, and analyses
- Develop, monitor and report on critical success metrics and communicate meaningful insights to relevant partners.
- Become a specialist in the retail point of sale financing, payments and marketing landscape
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving platform and data warehouse
What we look for
- Passion to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 3+ years of experience within investment banking, management consulting, private equity, and ideally more recent experience in strategic or operational finance functions at a high-growth technology company
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving rapid execution based on those insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, and graphic - are a must
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and run timelines/deliverables effectively
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL, Python and Excel
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.