MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As Sr. Business Data Analyst, you will grow MURAL’s business by building business hypotheses and using your technical skills to generate the data to test them. In this role, you will:
- Generate hypotheses to come up with potential root causes of some of the most strategic business problems at MURAL.
- Independently define the necessary analyses to test those hypotheses.
- Own and develop queries to generate the data to run those analyses, leveraging SQL, Redshift, Periscope, PowerBI, and Tableau skill sets.
- Extract insights and recommendations from your analyses and communicate them in a structured way to Senior Executive Leadership.
- Automate and scale your findings by building reports and dashboards in visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Work closely with the Data and BI teams to become an expert in the data models at MURAL.
- Challenge numbers from existing reports and make sure our data are consistent across the company.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 4+ years total of analyst experience including 2+ years of experience doing a similar job in a SaaS company(preferred, not required)
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, or similar areas of study.
- Experience with query development and visualization: SQL, Redshift, and Periscope or Tableau.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Structured approach to problem framing and problem solving, such as: using hypothesis-driven approach or building driver trees to approach problem solving.
- Capable of generating insights and recommendations that can be applied to the business immediately with impact.
- Ability to communicate insights and recommendations to Senior Executive Leadership.
- Adaptability, experience in working in ambiguous environments and in handling rapid change.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.