Sr. Credit Manager at Affirm
The Credit team works cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Capital Markets and various analytics teams to responsibly manage the risk profile of the business. We're looking for an intelligent, driven individual who wants to learn, grow, and solve hard problems.
The team's mandate is to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory; thinking through credit policies for new initiatives and products, developing effective risk management strategies and capabilities, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better data and technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What you'll do
- Partner with Engineering on building effective risk model and analytical capabilities
- Develop robust life-time valuation infrastructure and capabilities
- Leverage advanced data analytics to derive insights and optimize credit strategies
- Assist in new product formation and new market exploration
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance. Drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
What we look for
- 10+ years work experience as a data analyst (consumer credit risk management strongly preferred)
- Experience managing employees is required
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms
- Extensive experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You'll wear 7 hats and not love all of them
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.