Position: Sr. Data Center Infrastructure Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Data Center Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. You will be part of a small team that reports to our Manager, Data Center Deployments. This is a fast paced environment where you will be building and managing the physical network and server infrastructure for over 100 data centers around the world.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
- Perform initial configuration of servers and network devices and validate prior to deployment
- Follow documentation and process that is used in preparation, installation and wiring of systems
- Prepare install instructions for remote server and networking equipment installation and wiring
- Assists remote data center and contractor staff during the course of installation
- Validate successful installations
- Interface with vendors and contractors directly and via ticketing systems
- Pack/unpack computers, network hardware, and other related equipment
- Attend team and vendor meetings to plan and schedule maintenance and repair work
- Server or network equipment component repair and replacement
- Support hardware firmware updates
- Work with relevant groups to ensure all equipment is received and documented in a timely manner
Qualifications - Your Background:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with computer networking and Data Center environments
- Expert knowledge and experience configuring servers and network devices
- Strong Linux administration skills as well as expert network device administration skills
- Strong organizational skills and experience working with ticketing and inventory systems
- Experience with remote Data Center operations
- Strong knowledge of LINUX/UNIX systems required
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds when needed.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and changing priorities.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.