Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Economists, Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Within the DS&E team, the Pricing Team at Wish is a small but growing, high impact team. We are responsible for the platform’s pricing system and work with stakeholders across the company on related issues. This means we’re consistently improving the pricing algorithms used to determine the price for items on Wish while working with partners from logistics to user incentives.
Wish’s Pricing Team has interesting opportunities for exceptional candidates to innovate our pricing system. The ideal candidate will make end to end improvements to our pricing system from working with the team to improve data pipelines used for demand modeling to changing the way we deploy updated pricing algorithms in production.
Successful candidates will:
- Directly contribute to improving existing demand models with respect to both data and modeling techniques used
- Implement constrained optimization techniques optimizing for various business objectives
- Apply traditional (neoclassical), behavioral, and experimental approaches to solve complex problems
- Be willing to learn, grow, and build with a startup mindset that can also operate at the scale of one of the world’s largest e-commerce platforms
- PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Operations Research, Management Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, research, or government
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R
- Candidates with advanced experience are encouraged to apply
- Original contributions to the field of Empirical Industrial Organization and/or industry experience with demand modeling and pricing
- Demonstrated ability to implement machine learning models at scale, e.g., Spark
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.