Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Wish has exciting opportunities for talented Data Scientists on our Core Data Science team. This is a unique opportunity to develop and apply Machine Learning models to address complex business questions at the corporate level. Successful candidates will have extensive backgrounds in quantitative fields and significant experience with Machine Learning model development and optimization.
The successful candidate will represent the following skills and attributes
- Energetic and flexible. And we iterate fast and we take it seriously.
- Expert with a generic ML stack in Python and 3+ years of experience with it: xgboost/catboost/lightgbm, pytorch/tf, pandas, numpy, shap, scipy, sklearn, etc.
- Ability and interest to read latest research papers and implement the solutions
- You know how these packages work and how to extend them if needed
- You are self-sufficient in writing advanced queries over trillions rows sized databases
- Extensive experience with OOP in Python. We productionize code ourselves, and we love it to be clean.
- Deep theoretical knowledge and practical experience with DL and ML. We expect you not only to train but also explain and tweak every single decision your model makes.
- You're on first-name terms with optimization: convex and non-convex
- You keep yourself posted on the recent research and eager to iteratively reach their state in a production environment.
- You know how important it is to validate and estimate the impact of your model integration or change, and you won’t believe in the result unless it is extensively AB-tested
- You enjoy managing stakeholders, complex multi-team project management, taking end-to-end responsibilities, and ownership over a project
Bonus points for:
Interest in conversational AI, Chat Bots, and Question-Answering
Significant experience with modern technologies in one of the area: CV (Mask R-CNN, Yolo, EfficientNet) or NLP (BERT, GPT, Transformers)
- Significant practical experience with modern NLP
- Interested in conversational AI, Chat Bots, and Question-Answering
- Knowledge of how to productionize, speed up, and scale BERT-based systems
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.