Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Economists, Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Within the DS&E Team, the Pricing Team at Wish is a small but growing, high impact team. We are responsible for the platform’s pricing system and work with stakeholders across the company on related issues. We work to consistently improve the pricing algorithms used to determine the price for items on Wish while working with partners from logistics to user incentives.
Wish’s Pricing Data Science Team has an exciting opportunity for exceptional candidates to innovate at the intersection of pricing and other areas throughout Wish.
Some applied areas the Pricing Team explores are:
- Merchants: How do we modify pricing to support a diverse set of merchants while promoting competition?
- Logistics & Taxes: How do we adapt pricing when costs change?
- Promotions & Incentives: What types of discounts should we offer and how should we adjust pricing for these discounts?
In this role you will:
- Translate business questions into actionable research
- Provide expert guidance to business stakeholders evaluating model and experimental results
- Develop a research agenda/roadmap within your technical area
- Apply traditional (neoclassical), behavioral, and experimental approaches to solve complex problems
- Work and communicate with stakeholders across the company to accomplish objectives
- Be willing to learn, grow, and build - we need someone with a startup mindset that can also operate at the scale of one of the world’s largest e-commerce platforms
- PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Operations Research, Management Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, research, or government
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R
- Candidates with advanced experience are encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated ability to develop a research agenda/roadmap, execute, and deliver impactful results (either based on industry experience or publications beyond your PhD)
- Effective verbal and written communication for technical and non-technical audiences
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.