Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Fraud team works cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Operations to combat fraudulent activities to foster a safe platform.
This role requires a lot of cross-functional partnerships. This individual will be the representative of the Analytics org, leading the charge on refining our Identity Verification and Fraud processes as well as our Application flow. Additionally, this role will work closely with the Machine Learning teams to improve our Fraud solution.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What you'll do
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, including defining success and performance metrics, maintaining and enhancing data transformation layer, and creating actionable dashboards and reports
- Work with Product and Engineering to find opportunities in current user flow to optimize customer experience and fraud loss prevention
- Work with Product and Engineering to design, track, measure variances of user flow and communicate the results to cross-functional audience
- Proactively explore data and find opportunities to help accelerate product development or improve existing products
- Support new product formation and new vertical exploration
What we look for
- EXPERIENCE - 2-5 years’ work experience as a data analyst
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE - Passion to understand how the product works and how to change to make it more effective
- TECHNICAL SKILLS - Proficient in SQL, Experience with Python, or other scripting language
- PEOPLE SKILLS - A phenomenal teammate with ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- COMMUNICATION - Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity
- MULTI-TASKING - Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- EDUCATION - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitatively rigorous field like engineering, statistics, math, finance, economics desired
- INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE - Working knowledge of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.