Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Wish has an exciting opportunity for a leader in the Data Engineering field to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Data Science, this is a unique opportunity to design and develop a robust data architecture capable of fueling Wish’s Data Science teams. Successful candidates will have extensive experience building environments that support both batch and streaming data consumption and be a capable, visionary technical leader with deep passion for building ambitious data environments that drive insight, wisdom and innovation.
- Develop a vision for Wish data and deliver against this vision.
- Build a data engineering team with strong technical and operational capabilities
- Understand the e-commerce business and how it is evolving; translate business needs into data requirements.
- Guide design, development, and ops for business critical pipelines, including our reporting metrics.
- Optimize processes - project management, code management, data quality - to help the team operate efficiently.
- Improve data architecture to better support massive scale, high performance, and usability.
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards developing data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Manage to SLA metrics for production data sets, including availability and data quality
- Forge strong partnerships with business stakeholders and platform teams.
- 7+ years of relevant data engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on engineering management experience.
- Proven track record in building and leading incredible data engineering teams.
- Passionate about understanding data and its relevance to business decisions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving environment supporting a rapidly growing business.
- Experience with developing data architectures to support analytics & ML needs
- Skilled in SQL and at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience with modern batch & real-time data processing technologies
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
- Demonstrated project management skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.