Sr Manager, Partner Insights & Research at Reddit
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a Sr. Manager, Partner Insights & Research to lead a team dedicated to enhancing Reddit’s value to our advertising partners through groundbreaking research and insights. This role will be an integral part of the Marketing Sciences team and overall Marketing organization - blending platform data and primary research to deliver insights-fueled narratives that elevate industry intelligence and reinforce Reddit as a curator of business-critical learnings.
This role is a management position, and reports to the Global Head of Marketing Sciences.
- Lead all custom primary research and user insights for agencies, brands, and the industry at large. Push the boundaries of research to deliver narratives that are compelling, disruptive, and influential - showcasing Reddit as an always-on thought leader.
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team of insights/research leads across the country.
- Daily responsibilities will span across insights and research - including custom primary research, platform data analysis, 1st and 3rd party insights storytelling, and developing scalable insights tools for our internal and external use.
- Analyze Reddit platform data to create captivating external reports ranging from consumer behaviors and conversations, vertical insights, and larger industry trends.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and our top-tier clients/agencies to execute innovative custom research that gives a unique view into the power of community, amplifies our narrative, and positions Reddit as a critical part of the marketing mix.
- Leverage 1st party data, 3rd party/syndicated research, and primary research to uncover insights that reveal the reach, composition, engagement, and strategic value of our audience.
- Be an internal source of expertise and excellence on research and insights, and the methods used to gain a greater understanding of Reddit’s audience and communities.
- Manage research partner relationships, roadmaps, and capabilities.
Who you are:
- A data-driven storyteller that’s passionate about insights that inspire and drive action.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience, preferably from the media/advertising, consulting, or marketing industries. At least 4 of those years in a research-oriented function.
- 3+ years people management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study.
- Expert knowledge and proven application of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research initiatives and methodologies to solve business objectives, including: survey development and execution, segmentation, advertising effectiveness, panel research, ethnography, focus groups, brand tracking, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Experience working with 1st party data and strong analytical skills required – including familiarity with tools for data querying, survey, and analysis: SQL, Excel, SPSS, Qualtrics/Decipher, Tableau, etc.
- Expertise with syndicated tools such as Comscore, BrandWatch, Quantcast, Sysomos, GlobalWebIndex, Simmons, MRI, etc.
- Proven master-level ability to weave primary research, 3rd party insights, and behavioral platform data together into a cohesive and compelling story of strategic importance.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting to large groups– you’re articulate and engaging, and able to bring your stories to life.
- You have a strong knowledge of the digital marketing/advertising ecosystem
- Proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote, Word, and Excel a must.